Saturday, February 25, 2012

UIU Week 8

Where is the time going !! WOW

Ok I am posting this for a place for checking in. I have to work today (boooooo real life) I will edit this when I get home or on Monday with my UIUs so check back. :)

I hope everyone is doing good and still having fun!!

11 comments:

Karen P said...

Hi Fran, hope you are doing well! I'm doing fine with my UIU, still have stash I need to go through but I am using my stash up and only buying things which are necessary to using it - like double sided tape and adhesives! I haven't purchased any new card or BG papers since I took the pledge - did manage to win a blog candy which I've put on the bottom of my pile of papers to use!
Still hoarding the 'favourites' of my stash but trying very hard not to buy any new and to use up what I've got hugs Karen x

happyDiane said...

I finally finished my UIU for Feb. http://thehappydiane.blogspot.com/2012/02/use-it-up-wk8.html I haven't come up an idea for March, need to scratch the old brain.

mixamatoasties said...

Still having fun. Still using up scraps and it's only in the last week that I've actually cut into "new" but still from stash paper!!

Susan xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

My last part was about how I hoped the UIU crowd didn't come after me with pitchforks and torches.... I'm still slogging away at my bag of adhesives though. The stickers keep slipping my mind. Gotta get one that!

Katie said...

ok so i have been working on UIU but for some reason it never dawned on me to post what i have done so know i have to go take pics and post. wk 8 so i should at least have 8 projects if not more hummm lets go see. In a bit

cindyw said...

I have been bad about checking in. I have been doing a fantastic job of UIU. I had so many things I was not using and love the fact that I have been able to find items that work. check out my blog to see my UIU items:
www.bitsandscraps-cindyw6922.blogspot.com

Thanks Fran

Mistys Mum said...

Hi
I recently found your blog through WOYWW - how do I join in with your UIU idea.

I have made a few cards this week & that would bring me up to date with your week 8.

An Occasional Genius said...

Hi Fran,

I quite agree, the time is flying by & it's been nearly a month since my last update so I've just done a big post with some more stash pics to catch up. All the craziness is over for now so I'm hoping to get more cards made & make a bigger dent.

http://wheresmytable.blogspot.com/2012/03/lets-have-party.html

I'm so proud to still be using it up 8 weeks in & not to have spent money other than on essentials. Thanks everyone for the support & especially Fran for bringing us all together.

Hugs xx

Fran, any chance of replacing comment verification with moderation?

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I am still using things up, although I do have a confession. I have treated myself to a small set of Perfect Pearls metallics. My reason is that I could not do the technique I was watching Barbara Gray doing without them. Believe me, I tried, and decided after speaking to Barbara that I would just be wasting a fortune in card if I did not go for the real thing. I don't feel too bad as they will last me forever - you use so little at anyone time. In a more positive way, I have used such a lot from my odds and ends box, and reduced my pile of decoupage sheets dramatically. So the challenge is doing me so much good, using up things i have had for ages and fallen out of love with. I find I am now dealing with them in a different way, and enjoying using them again. Have a good week, everyone. xx Maggie

By the way, I would also be grateful if you could use Comment Moderation instead of Word Verification. I find it so hard to read at the best of times. you will also find that more and more people will not longer leave comments when Word Verification is there. The Comment Moderation protects you better from the spammers.

An Occasional Genius said...

Hi Fran,

Hope you are ok, been a long time, no post!! Not that you have to, as long as you are ok :-)

Hugs xx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Fran, I've noticed that you haven't posted for some time - I hope you are well and that it is just pressure of work/life that is keeping you from checking in. I have to admit I've lapsed a little, some ribbons I just could not resist, but have now got back on the wagon, so to speak, and sticking to the pledge again. Wishing you well, Elizabeth x