Hiya everyone!!
Sorry this is a bit late but Sunday was crazy and today I was lucky enough to hang out with some awesome online friend in real life!!!! We meet up in Makefield NJ then headed to New York! I had a bast with them. We went to some amazing craft stores! OHHHHHHH MANNNNNNNN !!!! the will power I had to have!!!! I wanted it ALL!! They had things I never saw in my life! BUT I was really good.
The 1st place we went to I FINALLY found fabric that I have been looking forever for!! It was a wood grain print. It was $20 (ouch ) but I had to get it to finish a quilt top I have been working on this past year. I did write it down on my uiu clipboard but under my basic list due to I have been looking for a long time for it.
I also found a book from district market that was really cool. I will not be putting the book on my uiu clipboard because I will not be using it as "crafts" even if it was found ing the craft store. Its going to be my purse note book. I keep getting note books for me but they keep "growing legs" ** eyes up family** and NO one knows were they are. Well with this one I KNOW its mine!!!
The 2nd place we went to I go a few gift for some other friends and I had a coupon for free 12x12 papers if you spent 30 well the gifts were a bit under so I treated myslef to a $6 stencil.
So a day that was filled with shoping I did great just walking out with 2 things!! (but man I still wanted it all!!) I did some awsome gifts and art friend the meet up with friends and I really think they like the things I made them. If you ever get the chance to meet some of your online craft buddies DO IT!!!
till next week
xoxox

6 comments:
So glad that you had a good time! Very impressed that you were able to stick to the list.
I wander a bit this week. I did get some paper that I was looking for, but I also got extra of it, PLUS all of the embelishments. I didn't really NEED all of the extras, but they were on sale... I'm sure that I will use some with the project.
Hope that everyone is having a good week!
Sounds like you had a fab time Fran. I would love to be able to visit New York one day - the thought of all those wonderful US craft shops makes my mouth water! Well done with purchasing so little! Hope you have a good week! Hugs Karen x
You go, with that will power! I have fallen so far off the wagon that I can't even see it in the distance. I've had quite the shopping spree and have new things piling up unused with my old things... Time to pick myself up, dust myself off, and get with it again. Thanks for keeping us on track. And love, that wood grain fabric, how fun is that?!
Ahh you've had a great day. It sure is fun to meet an online friend in real life. it's great to meet like minded people.
I made a plan to use my old stash, supplies that are good, but I don't like much anymore.
Then my mom got in the hospital and out and in again.
So the amount of stash is still the same. Oh well it didn't grow, for now family is more important.
I'm being seriously challenged by the new Spellbinders dies on Create & craft today!! Hope all is well Fran, I'll be doing an update real soon xx
Spellbinders are teasing me too, but I have resisted so far. I do have on set, but I bought them over 12 months ago. I am just desperately trying to create a similar effect through other means - I managed with the rosettes, so you never know. You have done very well, going shopping and sticking so strictly to your list. Keep going, girl, and be cheered by the fact that so many more of us are fighting alongside you. xx Maggie
PS The Word Verification is causing a lot of us problems, especialy since Blogger changed the format. It takes us twice as long to leave comments, and some people just don't bother now if that pops up.
Post a Comment