Saturday, March 17, 2012

UIU weeks 9, 10, and 11

Hiya everyone,

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo SORRY that I missed so many posts. I have had a lot of crazy / drama /sadness going on. All I can say is real life sucks some times. I am slowly getting back on track and I will be posting again.

I have been good with UIUing my stuff but I did get some things.

#1 was Glossy Accents – I wanted to add a little something to a box swap that I was in and I thought that would be the best thing. I never had that stuff so I treated my self to a bottle. The funny thing is I didn’t use it on the box because it just wouldn’t fit right. LOL but I do have some plans for it.

#2 I got a Crop-a-dile. I have always wanted it one but always pushed it off. I have the old school hammer setter so I didn’t need it. We I will be working on a challenge piece and I will need to use A LOT of eyelets and since I now live with my folks again and have to have my craft “room” in my bedroom the old school hammer is not a good thing. I craft a lot at night and hubs is right there sleeping and then the folks are right next door (see the prob) so that is not happing. I gave in and got one but I do not feel bad for that because it is a tool that I will use a lot.

#3 This is the BIG one! I got my electric cutter!! WOOOO HOOOOO Now this I should feel bad about but I don’t and why you ask well 2 things, 1 it was on my UIU board as on of the things that I really wanted and 2 the deal I got. I ended going with the Pazzle inspiration over the silhouette cameo because if you get it from Pazzle site you can sign up for 2 years for there images and the machine will only be $99. NOW I know that the monthly fee of there plan will end up costing me the full price of the machine but I look at it as a payment plan and I will be getting a ton of images for free!

I know that one day I will get a die cutter too because they each have there purpose but for now I am good with this.

I still can not believe how strong UIU is going still after 11 weeks!!!! And I am proud of each of you. I may not comment much on blog post BUT I DO READ THEM ALL. And it real touches my heart to know that so many stand behind this Crazy UIU!!

I will be putting up a few posts with all my projects that I have been working on and they are UIU but I just wanted to make this the update post. So keep a look out to see what I have been up to and again thank you so much

xoxoxox

3 comments:

happyDiane said...

Congrats for sticking to the list!! And a BIG congrats for getting your PAZZEL!!

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Well done for being so strong and sticking to your list. I have to admit to two sort of transgressions. I was watching Barbara Gray demonstrating a technique with mica powders, but after several failures, with expensive card, I decided to ask her what I was doing wrong. It turned out that I needed Perfect Pearls, not just standard micas. So I did buy one set of metallics, which do work.

My second purchase was partially a present for someone else. It was a custom made Clarity stamp from a design by my daughter of a rose bud. I actually had three copies made, one for me, one for my daughter and one for her mother-in-law, Shaz Silverwolf. They had been on a mental list for some time, but I decided that it was time to do something about it.

Apart from those two things, I have been very busy using up as much old stock as possible, and finding new ways to use it.

Hope your life has calmed down a little and you can get time to enjoy your Pazzle. xx Maggie
PS it took me three attempts to get through the Word Verification again this time. I cannot read what it says half the time. A robot might do better. Any chance you can turn it off for those of us whose eyesight is not what it was.

Felicia said...

WHOLLY CRAP can you believe how fast time is flying by!! I mean seriously we are into the 2 week no third week of March! HOW did that happen? What a year this is turning out to be. UIU is going well! I have been using and using and using. Did buy 2 pads of paper over the last couple of weeks and a few other things but UIU'ing it all up. It was my birthday darn it LOL I am having so much fun reading all the UIU posts. Trying to post on them all but the group is HUGE now! *giggle* SO wonderful! Ok gotta get to gettin. The to do list wont do itself. Congrats again on your goooooooooodie! YOU DESERVE IT! *huggles* and much love!
=0)