Friday, January 6, 2012

Postcard challenge week 1 .... updated

Here is my week 1 for Darcy's challenge
I can tell this is going to be a fun year with this. I am loving everyones cards already!
The picture I drew was of the Innsbruck Swarovski waterfall in Austria. It's done in color pencils, the water coming down is white craft paint and the back is a watercolor wash.
Can't wait till next week!




I am sorry that you couldnt see the pics right befor. I did them again and now you can pop it out to see it better.
The text reads: How have you been? I am sorry that I had to leave so abrupty. I will explain later. Love Angelica

31 comments:

Felicia said...

I love this! Its beautiful! I tried to click to read it though and it wont let me but I Love what I see what comes next!!
*huggles* =0)

Rozelle Faulkner said...

I'd love to go to the Swarovski place, it looks magical! I can't read the back of your postcard though and i'm dying to know the start of the story!

Granny Gee said...

Gorgeous watercolour Fran,love swarovski crystal...I have dangly earings and a pair of Kingfisher figurines :D
I think your card reads
"How have you been?
I am sorry I had to leave in a hurry. I will explain later."
Intriguing :D XXX

Darcy Marshall said...

love your picture Fran, the waterfall is fab and those ripples in the water are just lovely.

CRAFTY WOMBLE said...

The front is beautiful, just want to reach out and touch and see if it is real :)

Katie said...

nice postcard fran.great art

Lorilee Guenter said...

Beautiful card!Would love to know what it says

Inkyfingeredcat said...

Beautiful card... Lovely indeed

inki said...

Nice work, Lady Fran!

cindyw said...

Love the card, it is so much fun to see how everyone came up with such different ideas.

Joanna said...

Interesting postcard, I haven't heard of this waterfall. Lovely colours too.

WrightStuff said...

Ooh what does it say? Such mystery! I quite fancy a dip in that water, it looks most refreshing!

LadyofLostTimes said...

I am so sorry you can't read it I will upload a new pic when I get home. I posted from my phone for the 1st time so I didn't know how the pics would be. I did post them to the Flickr group you mite be better off going there. Again sorry

Tammy Freiborg said...

Really looks like the fountain face is coming right out of the hill.

Kimber said...

Your picture is great! Love that waterfall!

The Musicalscrapper - AKA MusicScrp said...

Absolutely fabulous drawing on the front fran. Very intriguing beginning

Helen Jacobs-Grant said...

gorgeous postcard Fran :)

Tara said...

Love it Fran!

San @ Made in Hem said...

Lovely card! ♥ I wouldn't mind finding this one in my mailbox! ;) Looking forward to next week...

mandy said...

Fantastic Fran!! Cant wait to go through the journey with you throughout the year :)

Alison xx said...

Wow this is fab. great mystery too!! A xx

teri said...

Loving your postcards!! xo-teri

Esther said...

Not only am i loving seeing all the art am learning so much about Austria !! great Postcard..and just a little tiny snippet of story to keep us guessing, fab..Esther xx

ArteDar said...

FAN~FAB! I'm so happy for you and the wonderful art journey you are on. I like the "USE IT UP" in 2012....but honestly I have enough supplies that I would need 10 years to do it!!!, but I will try.
Also, CONGRATULATIONS for Laurel's artist of the month...you are so deserving and I hope many more people start to "follow" you...you share so much and Laurel couldn't have described you any better dear friend.
Much Peace and LOVE, Dar

manomij said...

Great and how wonderful to have the flag on the back of the postcard!

Maz said...

Great postcard - intruiging start to the story. x

The Dolphin Inn said...

Fabby design on the front of your card and I love how you incorporated the flag on the back, cant wait to see your story unfold this week xxx

Eveline said...

Ohh I like it!

debbi taylor said...

nice! x

Janet said...

Lovely drawing on your postcard. Very clever to be able to do something from scratch.

Janet xx

Kathy Hunt said...

Great original artwork!