I have been sick all week so not much crafting for me, I really hate being sick you get stuck moving in slow motion. I did make a few things, Darcy’s postcard challenge (still need to post it), Granny squares and this UIU clipboard.
1 Do I need to post on here (my blog) to be in the UIU?
No you don’t have to post here but please give me a link so other UIU pledgers can find you so we can support you.
2 Is there a place I can check in at and when?
I will be doing a weekly UIU post on Sundays. You can leave comments on how you are doing or leave a link to your blog update post.
3 I left a comment but I am still not on the list.
I have been ill for the past week I am sorry. I am doing my best to update the list as soon as I can.
4 This is not a question but it’s to answer the “ways out” people have been giving me.
I know that CHA is coming and everyone is drooling over the new things that are coming out so I have been getting a lot of can I do this or that emails. They are asking for ways out so they can get the new toys. Well I am NOT going to provide an excuse for you. As I have said all along, this is a pledge not to me but to yourself. You have to decide if you really want to do this, I will stand by you but if you want ways out please tell me and I will remove you from the list of links.
I hope I am not coming off mean but for me the UIU really means a lot to me. I do not have the means anymore to shop like I once did. My hubs is still bouncing around in a temp service after losing his job over a year ago and I just found out that I will be getting a cut in pay. We had to give up our privacy and move in with my folks. I am not telling to this for sympathy, pity or anything like that. I am just telling my reasons for UIU other people have different reasons for joining.
I will see you next week
Fran xoxo

11 comments:
Love your clipboard idea!! Great idea! I have been keeping track to but not on a list like that so may have to steal the idear =0) Great post (Clapping) On to week three can you believe it!!
*huggles*
=0)
I am using up paints and inks I already have and I did get some new used stuff that I swapped my stash for which was great to do a trade! Looking at CHA their isn't that much I am lusting after, my self budget of £20 a month on crafting supplies will more than cover what I have seen so far that I have an interest in!
Yay, I made it another week too! Good for us! :)
I did run out of tape and am hesitant to go to the store... I might see something else I think I need and I don't want to buy anything since I have enough already. I still have some photoglue, I just hate it to see my book or postcards fall apart after a year or so. And I know it will with photoglue... I need to take a deep breath, run into the store, get a supply of tape and run out! Right! I can do it, I think... :)
I am starting to feel almost smug, at using so many of my little bits and pieces. So far this year, I have bought only glue, which I really did need to use all my other stash. Hopefully that will last me for at least three months. In fact I am curious to see how far it does go. We have also had to replace printer inks, but that is not all down to my crafting. It get used for lots of other purposes too. I sat and watched a couple of hours of crafting TV at the weekend, and it was amazing that I felt no desire to buy anything at all. Has anyone else noticed that when they try to sell you kits, they really push the gorgeous bits and flip through the ones you would never use ever in your life. As far as the Cameo is concerned, when you can afford it, it is a great piece of kit. I was lucky enough to get mine as a pre-Christmas present. I love being able to draw and cut my own designs, without being dependent on other people's ideas. I do also a a Cuttlebug,so I have the best of both worlds, as I can do embossing too. Maggie
Hello Fran, sorry to read you've been unwell - I hope you are well again soon. I like your clipboard idea but I don't think I can bear to write a wish-list and I've no intention of buying anything other than the truly essentials - I have an awful lot to save up and pay for this year :)So far, like Maggie, above, I've only had to replace printer ink and, of boy, did I grudge that :)) I've stuck to the pledge so far and everything on my blog has been made from stash - I just keep forgetting to add the little icon stating that. I'm a thrifty sort anyway so really enjoying the challenge of it all. Elizabeth x
Hi Fran, I hope you are feeling better , it's rubbish being ill.
I love your clipboard, what a delightful way of keeping track of all your basic needs & wishes & I think seeing it in B/W always helps put it into perspective.
You're not coming over mean Fran, I think you are absolutely right. If you're looking for a way out in January, I'm not sure there's much hope anyway....I'm so determined to go through the whole year on a UIU basis.
I've done a (long) update post on my blog here for those who want to see what I've been up to, how much stash I need to work through & how much I've spent so far.
Keep UIU-ing everyone & well done so far! Take care Fran,
Hugs xx
This post made me think of why I wanted to join this challenge. I wrote a blogpost about it, you can find it here: http://verzamelingen.blogspot.com/2012/01/uiu-wat-is-het-en-waarom.html
I write in Dutch, becouse that's most easy for me, but on the right top there is a translate gadget.
Everybody: stay strong, you CAN do it without buying. Enjoy your creativity!!!
Hi Fran, well I think you've seen my UiU post today - this is why I'm cutting back, far too long indulging myself with whatever I want whenever I want. It's like too much chocolate, makes you feel sick at the end and you don't know what to pick.
I sometimes feel that I was a happier crafter when I first started out and had a couple of stamps, pad of paper and ink pad!
Am being good and have brought nothing, and plan to buy nothing (this month anyway - small digi stamp treat next).
Sorry to hear you aren't feeling so well, hope you are feeling better soon.
Sarah
PS - Sorry to hear things are tough for you at the moment, and I don't think you're being mean either. Unfortunately we are living through a real economic black hole right now and it's not good.
PPS - You'd be welcome to come play anytime ;-)
Loving the UIU list project, very cool indeed.
Hope your better soon sweet x
Hi Fran
First I hope that you are feeling better soon - having the sniffles is no fun at all!
I just completed my 1st project of the year! Here is the link - I hope to remember to come by on Sunday but sharing it here just in case!
Ramona
Altered Calendar / Planner
http://www.create-with-joy.com/2012/01/woyww-altered-calendar-tutorial.html
Thank you for visiting me today. I was especially pleased with the rosette as I did not have to buy any gadgets to do it - all helping towards the UIU. Everything on that card came from either my scraps box or from stash I have had for a long time. xx Maggie
Post a Comment