Sunday, June 9, 2013

Diy Yarn Swift

I just ordered some yarn from Knit Picks and I am so happy! BUT there is one small problem. I don’t have a yarn swift to wind up this yummy yarn! I have the ball winder but no swift what’s a girl to do…….    MAKE ONE!!!!

I found some things online about diy swifts but I didn’t have any of the things that they used like Tinker toys or K’nexs. I looked around my house and didn’t come up with any thing. *sigh* I have almost given in to ordering one but I just couldn’t spend that money just yet.

I had to stop at the dollar store to pick up some other things and eureka!! I found it!!! I picked up 2 hook racks and 2 packs of clamps. I knew that I had a cake decorating stand that I would use as a lazy Susan to make this thing spin.





So here is how to make a 1min $4 dollar swift

Open the racks all the way up and clamp them down to the cake stand in a x form and your done!!!

Add yarn and spin way!!





The swift can move faster then the video. I don’t know why its moving so slow.






Thanks for stopping by!!




2 comments:

Gina said...

Very clever!!!!

mandy said...

Oh my gosh!!!!! How amazing is that!!!!!! Will probably last longer than a bought one anyway with the way they make things these days. Well done Fran xx